Caffeinated Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Maybe you’re trying to impress that special someone or just looking for an excuse to go crazy on some chocolate covered strawberries.
Either way, we’ve got you covered …in chocolate …and coffee.
C’mon, let’s dip into it…
• Resealable plastic bag
• Microwave-safe bowl
• Large plate (or cookie sheet)
• Parchment paper (or wax paper)
• Rolling pin or something that crushes
• Toothpicks or skewers
• 1/8 cup freshly roasted coffee beans
• 6oz organic dark chocolate (we like this extra dark, but you can use any good chocolate you want)
• 1/2 lb Large organic strawberries with stems or skewered
1. Fill up the plastic bag with your coffee beans and crush them coarsely with your crushing implement of choice.
2. Break up chocolate into small pieces and microwave in the bowl, stirring every 30 seconds. (hint: once it’s about 3/4 of the way melted, you can take out and continue stirring until completely melted).
3. Mix in the crushed coffee beans with the melted chocolate.>
4. Coat each strawberry generously with the coffee-chocolate mixture and place on the parchment-lined plate.
5. Store in the refrigerator to set.
6. Eat all of the chocolate covered strawberries when no one is looking and then make another batch.
These things are so quick and easy, it’ll be easy to surprise that special someone.
P.S. Still looking for a Valentine’s Day gift? You can print or email a Stay Roasted E-Gift Card in seconds HERE.